Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mama's Chili


The latest challenge at SweetStamps is food related. I made kitchen art for my girls
 and am sharing one of my favorites today.

The crusty old guy is a hunter and the On the Hunt Piccolo Accents were perfect for my chili recipe.

I first color copied my original (complete with spatters). Then using the standing buck from the kit, I colored the accent using Mossy Glen and Brownstone  Embossing Enamel Powders. After deciding the placement of the accent, I added additional grass with the Hilly Grass stamp and more Mossy Glen Powder.

I glued everything down and trimmed it square. Then added fall color leaves cut with the Fancy Cut Leaves Die (my favorite) as accents.

The girls are framing their recipes in large frames with candid photos of various family meals.

( Note: you can substitute ground beef or a beef and sausage mixture if venison is not in your freezer).

If you try the recipe, let me know what you think.


Happy 2015.

Teresa

3 comments:

Donna K said...

This is really a nifty idea, Teresa! I love that you copied the recipe as is...spatters and all..what a sweet keepsake!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What an awesome idea for sharing recipes and a unique idea for a keepsake.

Roxie said...

What a nice idea and what a good job of accenting the recipe with the leaves and scene.