Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Special Day Teapot - Julie Warner Guest Designer


Hi! Julie Warner here and I'm thrilled to be the Guest Designer for February! I was also lucky enough to stop by and meet Stacey this past weekend at the Heirloom Convention in Lawrenceville, Ga. I also "know" Roxie from Splitcoast & Shelly from Technique Junkies. I'm a native Texan but my husband & I moved to N. GA about 16 yrs ago. For as long as I can remember, I've been painting or coloring something. I found rubber stamps back in the 80's when I bought a few at a home show. Before stamps became mainstream, I used to carve my own. I'm currently one of the Featured Stamper Challenge hostesses on Splitcoast and a Dirty Dozen Alumni (I'm known as justwritedesigns on Splitcoast).

Have you checked out the Sweet Stamps Color Challenge #155...Red, White & Pink? Perfect for Valentine's Day next week! I used the challenge colors for my card today, using this lovely Millie's Teapot Arrangement 3043.
After coloring the image with Copic markers, I used a square die and an Out of the Box Nestie technique. I know Roxie did a tutorial similar about the same time I did this one, and it's still one of my most used techniques. The designer paper layer was die cut with a larger square and the larger white layer was trimmed to fit along with the side layer of the same dp. Two pearl white Candi dots were glued in place and the Special Day 9114 was hand cut in the pennant shape and attached on the right side only. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 (A2). Usually I take a picture of the Copics I used, but I forgot. So here is a list of the colors:
R11, R20, R22, R35, R46 (poppies)
RV10, RV11, RV19, RV34, RV55 (tulips)
YG01, YG09, YG11, YG17, YG67 (leaves)
C00, C1, C3, C5, BOOO (teapot & shading)


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!




Supplies:
stamps: Sweet Stamps - Millie's Teapot Arrangement 3043, Special Day 9114
paper: X-Press It white, dp (Basic Grey - Knee Highs)
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Spellbinders lg & sm square dies, Copic markers, Candi dots

11 comments:

SarahGeorge said...

Welcome Juile!!
This is such an amazing card! Love the tea pot arrangement of flowers and the way you've colored it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Julie- Gorgeous card!!! Love your Out of the Box technique- and your coloring is beautiful! Thank You for joining us for Feb as Guest Designer : )

~ Kendra ~ said...

So beautiful!!! Your coloring is wonderful!! This is one of my many favorite stamps!!

Donna K said...

Julie, your coloring is spectacular, you have helped this become one of my NEW favorite stamps! Gorgeous, gorgeous design. Thank you for inspiring us today as guest designer!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Absolutely stunning!! Beautiful coloring!!!

Sherrie K. said...

What a GORGEOUS card! The coloring is so beautiful:) Love the teapot of flowers!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sandy Fredrick said...

Gorgeous design, beautiful coloring. I love the variety of layers you used and the little Candi dots. Thank you for joining as a guest designer this month, I'm looking forward to your next creation.

simply monica said...

Gorgeous absolutely stunning work

rudlis said...

Wonderful project - Julie.

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

STUNNING! Love your coloring and design! So glad to have you join us as a Guest Designer this month!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! This is stunning!