Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Poppy Love

Happy Saturday!
Julie here again with a card for this week's LOVE Challenge theme! It's no secret that I love floral images..especially I love to color them. Don't you just adore this Poppy Vase image? I couldn't wait to color it. Instead of bright red poppies, I made mine more of a coral, orangey color, sort of a California poppy color.  I used Copics to color it then a circle die to cut it out. I decided I only wanted a partial circle, so I cut off the left side. The remaining piece of white card stock, was trimmed and embossed with a small heart pattern before I attached them both to a piece of violet blue designer paper. The "love you" phrase was die cut out of a textured metallic copper card stock and I made a matching 1/2 inch "faux brad" out the same card stock and attached it to help fill in a little of the blank space.

The rest of the layout came about because of pieces I had left over and I decided I liked the way they fit. Be sure to check out the Sweet Stamps Love Challenge, you could win a fabulous prize!

Thanks so much for stopping by!




Supplies:
stamps: Sweet StampsPoppy Vase
paper: X-Press It white, designer paper (SEI - On the Coast collection), textured metallic copper
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder & love you die (Love Language combo), Spellbinders circle die, Copic markers
Poppies, Flowers & Leaves- Y06, Y15,  R00, R02, R22, R27, R35, R46, R89, YG01, YG25,YG45, G28, B21, B24, B28
Vase: B60, B63, BV20, BV25, C00, C1, C3

8 comments:

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Oh my word!!! This is STUNNING!! They do look very much like the California Poppies!! Absolutely breathtaking!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Stunning!! Love this image, your coloring is amazing!! Great card design!

Roxie said...

Great job with the copics, beautiful card!

Denise said...

Wow this is amazing! Your colouring is fantastic. Love what you done with the circle.
Sweet Hugs
Denise

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous card Julie- your coloring is Outstanding- and LOVE the beautiful layout!

Donna K said...

You love coloring florals and it certainly shows! Beautiful card design, Julie…the bright and happy colors are so inviting!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Fantastic card! Love the coral colors of the poppies, your shading is fabulous!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a wonderful design. Beautiful coloring and shading on the Poppy Vase. Love the way you did the image in the circle and added the surrounding layer with the embossed hearts.