Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kitty Loves a Birdie!

 Happy Wednesday everyone! leslierahye here to share with you this fun pin/pendant. 

All pieces were enameled by smearing Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid to the surface of the chipboard pieces and dusting with 1-2 coats of Enamel powder and then heat setting. The bird cage I used only one coat of powder...I like the antique feel the Victorian Bronze gives in one coat. The bezel was primarily Mermaid Tears and then a light sprinkle in one or two places with the Aged White created the lighter areas. 
The pieces were assembled with Glastique and then the corners, kitty, birds and cage were coated with Glastique to give them an extra gloss. An extra coat of Glastique on the kitty gives him a more 3 dimensional look. A note about the bezel...I left the loop at the top because I wanted this piece to be flexible in how it can be worn. I will be adding a pin-back to the back of it so I can wear it with a sweater or scarf, but I might want to wear it as a pendant on a necklace so I am keeping the loop for extra support for the necklace.





I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

how cute ---

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful, I love the colors and the little birds on the flourishes.

Christi Conley said...

I adore how you kept that top loop and "disguised" it with the flourishes