Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

inspiration and how to get there

Happy Thursday - Teresa here again today. 


Do you ever wonder how the creative mind works?
What inspires a craftsman?
Well - here is a tiny bit of insight and inspiration for you today?

Before we go too much further, lets go shopping. 

I used:
Vintage Flourish kit ( I used one of the small circles)
A single Jump Ring. 

Now for the Inspiration Part.

I keep clippings of all kinds. I have a serious Pinterest Account, but my favorite way to keep ideas is plain old notebooks. I've had this stone bezel taped in for a long time and when I saw the Mossy Glen Powder, I realized how the colors were similar to the green veins in this. (The stone is called a Tree Agate) 


I decided to try to mimic the stone


I decided to use the earring size circle from the Vintage Flourish set. 


I first embossed the back with Vintage Silver Powder. 
Three layers gives this smooth finish.

Then I turned the piece over and used three layers of Micro White on this side. 

Then I used a tiny Screwdriver blade from my toolkit as a scoop, and sprinkled the Mossy Glen Powder on the next bit of adhesive. 

More random is better. 


I heated everything again and left the bubbly holes in the finish - add a layer of Glastique gloss and it really does resemble a polished stone. 

Then I spied a button in my "favorites" jar. 

I flipped the charm over to that silver side and glued that button down using the Glastique. 




The picture above shows how I keep myself (and the cat) from touching the wet finish before it dries. 


Add a jump ring and a chain and you have a Stone Inspired pendant. 


That reverses to a a Vintage Button Side if you like. 

I do hope you are enjoying the posts every day. 
Just a few notes that I have learned about the company and the items. 

Globecraft Piccolo is a family owned business and it is a division of SweetStamps
The Piccolos are lazer cut at the home warehouse in Michigan. 
There is this great guy named Jeff who actually mixes the Embossing Powders there as well. 
If you meet Stacey (company owner) at a trade show, you will meet her husband and children. 
This makes this a Made in USA product. 

Come back tomorrow for even more inspirations. 

4 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the pendent and the way you did it double sided, it's like getting 2 for 1.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful. I like the way you sprinkled the green on and added a button to one side. Could definitely be reversable

Christi Conley said...

Beautiful!! It really does look like stone. And I hope to meet Sandy (if she ever comes out my way)someday :)xo

Sandy Hulsart said...

Wonderful pendant, Teresa and great step by step. That button is a perfect embellishment.