Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Heart Trio Love card


I have a card loaded with hearts for you today.  I was playing around with the Piccolo 3D Gels the other day and wondered if they would react the same as icing on a cake.  Well, I am happy to say they do.   For both hearts, I put down a base of 3D Gel,  Deep Red for the top heart and Pink Rose (on clearance) for the bottom heart.  Then I just dotted the other colors onto the heart and pulled the color around with a toothpick.  You can get some really cool effects. I finished them off with a coat of Instant UV Resin to give them a glass like finish. 


For the center heart, I die cut the smaller of the hearts from the Cheery Lynn Designs Two of Hearts.   Using Ruby Red Slippers Enamel, I heat embossed the filligree heart from the Piccolo Love with all my Heart Charms set adding the Love which I heat embossed with 24kt Gold Enamel.   Then I just centered it onto my die cut heart.  Be sure to click on the pic above to see the beauty of these enamels.  I used my Cheery Lynn Designs Hearts and Rose Leaves embossing plate for the white and gold panel.  I added Shades Valentine dye ink to the plate before embossing the white panel so the ink transferred over.  Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches. 

Check back later for the winners of last week's $10 Globecraft Piccolo store credit.  We will have 7 winners to announce.

3 comments:

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful card Sandy. The embossing, dies and hearts all look great together. Like the effects you got with the 3D gels

BarbaraW said...

Love the effects of the gels and resin. Your hearts are gorgeous.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful card, love how you used the 3D enamel gels and UV resin on the hearts.