Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Flower Frames - Julie Warner Guest Designer

Julie here again and I hope your week has gone well! The Sweet Stamps Challenge this week is Anything Goes, so be sure to check it out! Since anything goes, I wanted to use this beautiful Framed Daisies image. This is one of those cards that the idea starts out simply enough, but as it develops, it gets more and more complicated. I'm sure that never happens to you!

After stamping the image on a large white panel and coloring with Copics, I decided I really wanted to die cut it. First problem, none of my rectangle dies are big enough. Ok, so I used a larger square and resized it...not a problem, except I combined it with the out of the box technique, too. So it's a little more complicated. But it worked and I liked the way the corner flowers pop against the navy blue paper. I used the same paper to back the greeting oval. I decided to repeat the daisy corners on the background and colored the lines and shaded the vines but the daisies themselves were fussy cut and added on top. Two extra daisies were added where the frames stopped on the sides, just to finish the line. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used.
Thank so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend.




Supplies:
stamps: Sweet Stamps- Framed Daisies 3019, Special Day 9114
paper: X-Press It, designer paper (Teresa Collins - Moments collection)
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders squares & ribbon tags & labels 33 dies

9 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! This is stunning! Beautiful job!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

This is stunning!! Love all teh fussy cutting and how you displayed the flowers throughout the card layout!! You are absoluetly amazing and definitely inspiring.

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the flowers are gorgeous!
Sherrie K

Donna K said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Julie. Your flowers are colored so tenderly…they look real. What a wonderful talent you are…thanks for sharing today!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this fabulous card! The daisies are over the top beautiful- LOVE the dark blue behind the top daisy bunch highlighing it. Thanks for all of the inspiration- this is amazing!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Gorgeous design, I love how you layered the flowers all around the design and added the sentiment. Thanks for joining us as this months Guest Designer, looking forward to what you have in store for us next.

ScrappySandie said...

What a lovely design! So delicate and classy! Love it!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Oh my, this is so lovely! What gorgeous shading and layers! Love it!!! Glad to have you aboard as a guest designer...it was such a joy to see your creations each week!

~ Kendra ~ said...

So stunning!! Wow, I love all the layers! So pretty!!