Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Elegant B&W card and Globecraft & Piccolo's New Spring Release!


I hope you have been looking at the Globecraft & Piccolo Blog this week, you have GOT to see all the goodies my Teamies came up with to celebrate the New Spring Release

I love black & white, I think it is so elegant – and to continue with the elegant theme, I made this “Thinking of You” card using one of the NEW Flourish sets.  Honestly, I had another project planned, but life got in the way, so I am sharing this lovely card.
Here is the finished card
The card was simple as I had all the ingredients here.  It’s larger than most cards I make measuring 6” x 6”, but I wanted to give a proper showcase to the embellishments and the lovely textured paper I used.

This is all you need to make this card:
First, emboss your Flourishes with the Micro White Powder.  I embossed the flourishes about 6 times, coating it with more Embossing Fluid & Micro White Embossing Enamel each time to get the coverage I wanted but since the powder is micro fine I hardly used any of it at all.  Set these aside.  Stamp your sentiment on the white card and trim to a rectangle, then trim a piece of black cardstock to mount it on, making sure you leave enough room

to place your flourishes.  I fooled around with the placement of the flourishes quite a bit before I was happy and I even trimmed the square down further once I had attached the flourishes on (which was pretty gutsy, if I had made a mistake I would have to think of another project!).  

The beautiful embossed black cardstock
 Then I cut the 5 ¼” square out of the embossed cardstock, adhered that to the base, put the cream and black strip on, then pop dotted the final square that has the flourishes and sentiment on it to give it that much more texture (even though you can't really tell by the photos).

That’s it!  I love the look of the embossed flourishes with the embossed cardstock.  I hope you like it! Blessing to you & yours, Christi

3 comments:

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Black and white is always a great combo! Those Vintage Corner Flourishes look great embossed in white...really shows their lovely details.

Tracy said...

I love black and white, this is so elegant x

Sandy Fredrick said...

Lovely elegant design, love the black and white combination and the flourishes make a wonderful frame for the sentiment.