Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Denim Blues -----

It's new release week. And my-oh-my are the new items wonderful. Teresa here today with some great earrings that are just prefect to dress up my daily blue jean and t-shirt wardrobe. 


Lets get started.


From Globecraft and Piccolo you will need:
- Vintage Corner Flourish Piccolo Set A157
- Glasstique Gloss Finishing Glaze
- Embossing Adhesive
- Deep Blue Sky Embossing Powder - this is a fine detail powder that can easily be used for stamped images.
- French Loop Earrings 

You will also need
- assorted beads for the charm in the center
- jump rings
- 2 short pieces of fine silver chain
- assorted jewelry assembly tools
- heatgun


Now then let's get started.



I took two of the Flourish Piccolos and decided quickly that I did not want those extensions on them. These are laser cut from book board and are easily trimmed with scissors.  The top flourish has the extended parts and the bottom one has been trimmed.


After trimming the Flourishes, I embossed both sides of each with the Deep Blue Sky Powder. (every time I try a new powder it becomes my favorite)

I put three layers of powder on these.  The process of embossing takes just minutes,  so layering is easy to accomplish.


Just look at those gorgeous blue tones.


To strengthen and gloss up the finish, I cover the shapes with gloss Glastique Glaze. For the fine detail on these, I squeezed a bit of the Glastique onto a tiny paint brush and simply brushed it on.

Then I patiently waited for it to dry.



I gathered up my other bits while those were drying. You see two different charms there. I had a difficult time deciding which to use.


Just look at that blue.

After the shapes were dry, I added the chains to the tops of the curls with jump rings.

Added the charms (I finally decided the blue grey and silver looked best) and hooked through the earring loops.

Ready to wear.


The book board is light weight so these are VERY comfortable to wear. They can easily be customized for your wardrobe. Just pick your favorite color of the embossing powders.

There are some wonderful items in the NEW RELEASE section of the web site.

Have a beautiful day.

5 comments:

leslierahye strickland said...

♥ these are beautiful! :) I love that Piccolo as an earring!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What an awesome idea using the flourish to make the earrings, they are beautiful.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Teresa Gorgeous earrings. Love the way you have assembled them. Very cool

Angi MakingMayhem said...

These are great, Teresa! I love the idea of using the Piccolo accents as earring parts.

Tracy said...

Absolutely beautiful, love that powder. .another one to add to the list ! X