Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Making a pretty little teapot

 

Good morning!  Chrissy here to show you how to use your scrapbook paper to dress up the Teapot Bubble Frame.

For this project, I used Glitz Designs' "Cashmere Dame" paper collection and some May Arts bead strands.


First, trace the teapot layer with the oval cut out onto the paper. Then cut it out.


Next, glue your cutout onto the chipboard layer. Because I wanted to use some Metallic Gold Gel Enamel, I cut the paper off the loop at the top of the teapot.


Now apply the gel enamel.


While the enamel is drying, it's time to start working on the teacup layers. Go ahead and trace them onto the pattern paper.


Once you have both of of your teacup layers traced and cut out, you can glue the paper onto the chipboard and then glue your layers together.

Now it's time for the fun part. Embellishing! For my teapot, I used some May Arts bead strands, gesso, punchinella, and a cameo. I busted out my trusty hot glue gun and started gluing down my bead strands.


Here's what it looks like with all of the beads applied.


I brushed some gesso onto the back layer of the teapot. Once it dried, I glued my punchinella down.


Now it's time to glue the top onto the bottom and apply the cameo.


And there you have it. For a quick tutorial on how to use something of this size as an embellishment, head over to my blog and check it out!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Mae Lewis said...

Oh my goodness, this is beyond cute! I love it!

linda-neff.com said...

so pretty!

apieceoflifespie.com said...

Just love, great job!