Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome the New Year




Hi everyone welcome the New Year 2013.  I am ready for this to be a super great year too. This is my first post for 2013 and I want to share a canvas piece I made for Globecraft and Piccolo.


This was a super fun piece to make and so much easier than it looks. I took a blank canvas piece and used the Little Traditional Bubble for the frame. I used Jacquard paints and also embossed the frames for the added texture.


I also used Medal Gold Enamel Powder to the scroll piece I adhered to the frame.

Supplies Used:
  • Medal Gold Embossing Powder
  • Little Traditional Bubble Frame
  • Liquitex - Gesso, Light Mold Paste
  • Jacquard Paints
  • Petaloo Flowers

4 comments:

Arin said...

Monica, this is just amazing!

Robin Horasanian said...

How did you emboss the frame? This piece has a lot of depth. It's beautiful

linda-neff.com said...

Beautiful frame! Love the colors used on the canvas - it all coordinates very nicely.

Monica Edwards said...

Hi Robin, yes I used some Cuttlebug embossing folders I had. Pick any type you like. I did that to give the chipboard depth that is what is so nice about their pieces. You can emboss and not have to worry about it tearing because the material is to thin. The thickness is perfect to emboss - all pieces G&C carries.