Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Tips & Tricks: Making your mix


Hi everyone, welcome to another G&P Tips and Tricks. 

Often when I purchase powders I have a good idea of the look and color I am going for, but sometimes depending on what it is I am embossing, I think it would be nice if it just had a hint of another color. So I tried mixing two G&P embossing powders together to see what the outcome would be. 

I wanted to emboss the leave bezel but I wanted it to look aged, yet still look as if it had the fresh-green of a new leaf.  


 Step 1: Pick two colors


Step 2: Mix together


 Step 3: Pour onto the piece you are embossing


Another quick tip: I like to layer my embossing powder for a nice thickness but it can blow away. If you hold your blower under the piece and heat from the bottom, the powder will not blow everywhere and you'll get the thickness you like.


This is the finished piece and you can see the gorgeous gold.


And, now when you tilt the piece you can see the hue of green - absolutely love it!

Supplies:
  • Victorian Bronze Embossing Powder
  • Mossy Green Embossing Powder
  • Leave Bezel
  • Embossing Gun

Hugs,
Monica
 

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

GREAT idea to heat from the bottom! Duh! Why didn't I think of that?! I like to use more than one powder too.

linda said...

Love the idea of mixing different colors together to create the look I want!

Monica Edwards said...

Best way to get the powder not to blow everywhere!