Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

This steampunk airship is smokin' hot




Hello crafters! Chrissy here with some steampunk fun using G&P embossing powders and the G&P Classic Airship.

Here's the breakdown on how I put together my airship and the product I used. 
  • Embossing Powder Adhesive
  • Piccolo Embossing Powders: Vintage Black, Copper Kettle & Gilded Rose
  • Steampunk Airship Kit
  • Glastique Finishing Glaze
  • Vintage Gears Set
  • Floral Whimsy Accents
  • Halloween Graveyard Haunting Accents



Christina Colón
The Twisted Muse
Every piece of this project has been heat embossed using Piccolo embossing powders and then glued together using Glastique. You will have to excuse the nature of this tutorial. Once I got into my groove, I forgot to take the pictures! Doh! 

First, I embossed all of my little pieces.










While those were cooling off, I embossed the rest of my pieces and starting putting the main elements together.


Tip: Use a fine-tip paint brush to apply Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive onto the tinier pieces.


Start building and layering your elements. I used foam adhesive so that there was added dimension.







I like adding other Piccolo pieces for visual interest and to make my airship more unique. You may recognize the gears from my last post. Told you I had a project in mind for them!

I also used a small flourish as the 'smoke' and cut another flourish in half for the decoration on the hull of the ship, both from the Floral Whimsy Accents set. See that spiky 'Mohawk' on my ship? That is the fence from the Halloween Graveyard Haunting Piccolo Accents set!




And there you have it! You can use any G&P colors of embossing powders you like or you could even use paper, which will probably be my next idea.

For another steampunk tutorial, head over to The Twisted Muse and see how I made a piece of jewelry!  Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

linda said...

Your airship is really cool! Love that you used leftovers to create the smoke and other additions.

Candy Spiegel said...

Beautiful job!