Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Adding finishing touches



Hello, it is Arin and I am excited to pass along a little tip on using Piccolo Embossing Powder as a way to really add a finishing touch to a project! I think we all have run into those moments, at the end of a project, where you just know you missing something.



Arin Flynn
A Piece of Life's Pie
In a recent gift I was making for a friend, I finished painting, distressing and adding the vinyl cuts to the project and there was just something missing. I decided to take a chance and see what would happen if I added Piccolo Vintage Silver Enamel Powder around the edges of the sign for a little added framing.

Boy I am sure glad I did! It added that 'something' that I was missing. All I did was just apply a thin layer of Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive along the edges and a little thicker around the corners and dusted with the embossing powder.


Then I set it using a heat gun (if using vinyl on your project, be sure to point the heat gun away from the vinyl while heat setting the embossing powder). This embossing powder really worked well on the painted wood base and added even more of a masculine touch I was aiming for.


For those who are curious, here is the finished product! You can head over to my blog to see how I did the full project.


2 comments:

linda said...

Great little tip for adding a finishing touch.

apieceoflifespie.com said...

Thank you Linda. It really added some male vibe to it... I love the way this particular embossing powder really takes a shape of it's own if you want it to.