Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

A traveling we will go


Good morning, Steph here with wall decor that can be created in any theme you want. Using G&P Embossing Powders and Glastique along with some Card Decor elements, you can create an extraordinary wall hanging.

A local store was running a sale recently and I was able to pick up a bunch of wood letters for pennies.  While some of the letters leave me wondering what to do with them, this "T" worked out perfectly as a travel-themed wall hanging.

The letter measures approximately 10 inches high and 1/2 inch wide.

Supplies:
  • Card Decor Set No. 9
  • Enchanted Aubergine Embossing Powder
  • Brownstone Embossing Powder
  • Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive
  • Glastique
  • heat tool

Steph Ackerman
Live, Laugh, Scrap



I began by selecting the papers I wanted to use. After cutting, tearing, inking and distressing, I added them to the letter using Glastique as an adhesive.

After checking out all my elements I chose to use the larger piece from Card Decor 9 as a focal point at the top. I applied Enchanted Aubergine as the first layer and then I then applied a second layer of Brownstone Embossing Powder in some spots to create a mottled look.

I love the different look I was able to achieve by mixing these two colors.


Using the swirls from Card Decor 9, I added two coats of Enchanted Aubergine. Once cooled, I added a light coat of Glastique to make the swirls a little more pliable. I also used Glastique as an adhesive to hold the swirls in place.


To complete this project, I punched two circle layers and added letters on top, then added Glastique to the circles to create faux acrylic letters. Love the effect this created.


Thanks for stopping by today.